We are looking for a 3D Generalist to teach a 3 month back to back courses. It will be an introduction to Visual Effects, involving students learning from basics.
- The ability to teach and manage course content
- A portfolio or website demonstrating personal work
- You must be able to relocate to Mauritius for the duration of the course
An advanced level of knowledge is required in the following areas:
- Autodesk Maya/Max
- Mudbox *(A plus but not extremely important)
- Adobe After Effects and/or Nuke
- Adobe Photoshop and Premiere
Ideal candidates should also have a strong understanding of production workflow in areas such as:
- Modeling hard and organic surface objects
- Digital sculpting
- Texture painting
- MEL/Python (not advanced)
- Rendering and compositing
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing course outline and monitoring and mentoring students both in class and online.
- The course structure must be of high standards.
- Leading classroom instruction – Also communicating with online students
- Adjusting the course to suit the needs of the students
- Updating course materials as needed
- Communicating frequently with students and colleagues in a professional manner
- A new fresh start on a tropical sunny Island in Mauritius
- A company vehicle to transport you to and from the Academy
- 50% of your rent will be paid by the Academy.
- The ability to be your own boss and create your own course structure.